Enhance your life with support from the Lutheran Aged Care – Home Care team.
Living in your own home, within your community, surrounded by your friends is important and we want to help you extend your time, living at home for as long as possible. We offer a range of aged care services at home to help you with your personal care, domestic duties and wellbeing.
Lutheran Home Care Services has over 26 years of experience in delivering private and government-funded aged care in the home. We are proudly local, offering aged home care within Albury with a distinct passion for delivering quality services to suit a diverse variety of needs. From low to high care, dementia and complex care needs and transition to residential care facilities, Lutheran Home Care Services is committed to your wellbeing and care 24 hours a day.
Lutheran aged home care services are developed to reflect and embody our values. The values of Lutheran Aged Care guide the attitudes and behaviours of our board, management, staff and volunteers.
Christian Love and Acceptance of all underpins all that we do and say.
Excellence is driven in all that we do.
Diversity of people and services and inclusivity of all people.
Respect and Dignity for all with whom we have contact.
Professionalism in our dealings with people.
Honesty and Transparency in all that we do and say
Contact us today to find out how we can assist you or how to register with the Commonwealth Government for your Home Care Package (HCP)
The Home Care package is assigned by the government based on your assessed needs. A package can be designed that includes (but isn’t limited to) any of the items included below:
- Bill Payments
- Cleaning and Housework
- Cupboard Tidying
- Errands and Shopping
- Home Cooked Meals and Meal Preparation
- Home Maintenance
- Lawn Mowing
- Light Gardening
- Moving (in or out)
- Pantry Cleaning
- Personal Laundry
- Spring Cleaning
- Accompanied Medical Appointments
- Assistance with Meals
- Communication Aids
- Continence Management
- Dietary Planning
- Dressing and Grooming Assistance
- Foot and Nail Care
- Mobility Assistance
- Respite Care
- Showering and Bathing Assistance
- Toileting and Personal Hygiene
- Community Outings
- Complementary Therapies
- Counselling and Pastoral Care
- Craft and Hobbies
- Exercise Programs
- Falls Prevention Program
- Life History Documenting
- Memory Support Programs
- Reading and Writing Assistance
- Referral to Support Services
- Reminiscing Activities
- Socialising Activities
- Volunteer Activities
Lutheran Home Care Services also includes a range of clinical care service options which can be selected based on your clinical needs:
- Registered Nursing Support
- Wound Care
- Clinical Assessments
- Administration of Specific Medications and Application of Treatments
- Liaison with Medical/Health Professionals
- Arranging Allied Health and other Support Services
Lutheran Home Care Services will tailor support to your needs and wishes. Our team will consult with you to develop your personalised care plan and to make changes as needed. Your care is about you after all. Nothing will occur about you, without you!
Keeping you connected
Have you thought about how technology can help you stay in touch with your family? Lutheran Home Care Services packages can include smart devices such as computers, phones and tablets to help you keep connected with friends and family.
Keeping you mobile
Mobility is central to independence, and Lutheran Home Care Services offer numerous solutions that can assist you in remaining active and mobile. This includes referrals to physiotherapy, falls and balance groups and occupational therapy assessment for mobility aids. Package funds can assist in purchasing walkers, wheelchairs and other equipment.
Keeping you safe
Maintaining your safety equals peace of mind for you and your family. Lutheran Home Care Services can include personal alarms and monitoring equipment in addition to recliners, shower chairs within your package.
Lutheran Home Care Services can also care for your pets! Ask us about pet walking, feeding and general care as a part of your package.
We offer a range of other care options that you may require in the future, all under the one organisation with the services and reputation that you have come to love and trust:
- Residential Care Services
- Advanced Care Planning
- Advocacy, including support with Guardianship Applications, and
- Respite Care
Flexible Respite Care (delivered through the Federal Government’s Commonwealth Home Support Program) is short term care that provides support for you and your carer. It gives your carer a break while your ongoing care needs are supported by our skilled team.
How does it work?
- In-home day respite – daytime support for carers of clients needing assisted support in the carer’s or the client’s home
- In-home overnight respite – overnight support for carers of clients needing assisted support in the carer’s or the client’s home
- Community access-individual – one-on-one structured activities, such as outings, to give clients the opportunity for social and community interaction; maintain or support independent living, and offer respite to their carer
- Host family day respite – day care for the client in another person’s home.
- Host family overnight respite – overnight care for the client while in the care of a host family
You may be eligible for services under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme if you are:
- 65 years or older, or 50 years or older and identify as an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person, or 50 years or older and on a low income, homeless or at risk of homelessness
- still living at home
- in need of help at home to continue to live independently.
To find out if you need an assessment and if you are eligible for help at home services, you should call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422. The My Aged Care staff will ask you questions about your current needs and circumstances so they can refer you to appropriate aged care services.
You will need to have a Regional Assessment Service assessment before you can be approved for care.
To learn more about our Home care services, please get in touch.
Select Care, offering personalised home care services specifically tailored for your needs
If you do not qualify for a government home care support package or want something that is more tailored to your specific needs, don’t worry – we can help.
We can design a tailor-made home care support package specifically for your individual needs and budget.