Short term restorative care
The Commonwealth Government offers 8 weeks (56 days) of short term funding to help you improve, recover and get back into enjoying life. Our team will jump straight in and help you get back on your feet.
Short Term Restorative Care (STRC) provides a range of care and other services over 8 weeks (56 days) to help you stay independent; improve your ability to complete everyday tasks; and/or, delay / avoid entering long term care. Short-term restorative care is a goal-oriented program ideally suited for individuals not currently receiving any Government aged care assistance (e.g. residential or home care services). Services can be conducted at either your home or our residential care facility. STRC can be accessed twice in any twelve-month period.
The Lutheran Aged Care short term restorative care program is delivered by a team of at least three health professionals including a doctor (usually your GP) to identify and treat any medical conditions.
Am I Eligible?
You may be eligible for Short Term Restorative Care services if you are an older person and you
- are slowing down mentally, or physically, or both
- need help with everyday tasks
- want to stay independent and out of long term ongoing care arrangements
If you are receiving veteran services, disability services through the National Disability Insurance Scheme or support at home through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme, you may still be eligible to receive support from short term restorative care providers.
What services are available?
A wide range of multi-disciplinary services can be designed to suit your specific needs and goals, including:
- speech therapy
- chiropractic services
- GP or geriatrician advice and medical care
- personal care and assistance
- psychologist or counsellor support
- cooking assistance
- brain training
- therapy groups
- aids and equipment (including mobility aids)
- nutrition, meal preparation and diet advice
- continence management
- physiotherapy and occupational therapy
- social work
- home maintenance
- accommodation in residential care
- support services including:
- – cleaning or laundry
- – medication management
- – emotional support
Contact us today to see if you qualify